Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School

Nick Rosaschi 


            My first day at The John Carroll School so far has been a great experience. The day started with me getting dropped off at the front door and because I have a doctor’s appointment I have to leave my first day of school early. It wasn't the ideal way to start my high school career but it will have to do. Next I was assigned a group for different lectures I needed to hear. That was good for the most part because I learned about a lot of things I can get involved in, for example SAC which is the school’s student government. I may run for a position in SAC but for the time being I am undecided.  We also took yearbook and lunch card pictures which was fun. After the lectures and pictures we went into the auditorium and listened to a guest speaker from Virginia he was funny and motivational and really helped me get a perspective on the right thing to do. He was a basketball player with a lot of stories to share with the group. When the guest speaker was finished and we received one of his basketball cards we proceeded onto the very first class of high school, none other than Human Geography in room 107 where I am writing this reflection on my day. The day has been good so far and I hope every one of the 179 days left of school are just as good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment